Thursday, May 2, 2013

And... We're off to Country Island!!!!!

When I left my five week stint at Country Island nearly two years ago, I figured it would be a once in a life-time experience.  Tomorrow morning, I have the privileged of going BACK!!!  After a couple-day delay, we will be leaving for Country Island (CI) first thing tomorrow (Friday) morning. We will be welcomed by Leach's Storm Petrels (at night), Willets, Common Eiders, among other wildlife and we'll be busy working right away!!  To get a better (rough) understanding of what Country Islands about, check out Country Island Excitement Part I and Country Island Excitement Part II.

We now have all our gear and groceries packed and ready to go!  Finally, weather permitting (And the weather is looking promising!), we WILL be on the island!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

This is going to be a very exciting year... there are a lot of new things going on with vole monitoring, petrel work and general island surveys (GIS).  We will have more guests in comparison to previous years, mainly working with petrels and voles... but also with Terns when the time arises.

I'm not sure how frequently I will be able to update this blog, but I'll do my best!

Take care civilization,

I'll try to keep in touch! ; )

Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment